Wednesday, August 15, 2012

London Olympics Silver Medalist Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000

Even thought it's just been like how long? Two weeks tops, but the london olympics silver medalist Roger Federer is Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000. People from the Cincinnati are eagerly waiting for the so called "town owner" Federer to play. The World No. 1 took last week off to recover from a productive grass circuit which included a Wimbledon title and an Olympic silver medal. In his first hardcourt match since a stunning loss to Andy Roddick in Miami, in what should be a breeze, Federer, a four-time Cincinnati winner, opens against former American Alex Bogomolov.
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 Olympic Silver Medal
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 - London Olympics Silver
“I play to win everywhere I go to,” said Federer, “otherwise I’m not just going to show up and play for a couple matches and then pull out and then I don’t have a chance to win. I’m here trying to play well, and that’s it. Then we’ll see. The preparation for New York, that’s going to happen next week. But this ain’t the preparation week, this is tournament week.”


Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 Wimbledon 2012
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000
Federer said that the biggest challenge in transitioning back to hardcourt is the wear and tear on the joints because the cement’s strong footing allows you to max out your movement. “That’s not something the body has been used to for the last three to four months maybe since we finished in Miami,” he said. “And then obviously the jet lag comes into it and the whole thing. I made sure I got here as early as possible so I eliminate as much risk as possible of getting injured coming to the hard courts.”
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 Previous Trophies
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000
One player who hasn’t made any sort of transition to hardcourts is Rafael Nadal. The Spaniard remains sidelined battling bad knees, and Federer spoke of his friend and rival.
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 Training
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 - Training
“I was going to write him and check on him because I can’t believe he’s been out that long,” Federer said of Nadal. “I thought the Olympics, okay, that’s fine. That’s a personal choice. I thought for sure we would see him in Toronto, but now he missed Toronto and Cincinnati. It’s very surprising, because it was nothing that we heard of prior to the injury. He played so well on clay, and then actually seemed fine at Wimbledon. He had more time by losing earlier at Wimbledon. So it came as big surprise now, these two pullouts for me. Even the Olympics, too. So I’m sad for him. I hope he’ll be back for the Open.”
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 Djokovic Rivalry
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 - Djokovic Rivalry 
Toronto winner Novak Djokovic is also in action today against Andreas Seppi. After a tough, but successful week in Canada, it will be interesting to see how much Djokovic puts out or is able to put out in Cincinnati. Hardcourt is his best surface, but will the strain of the summer schedule catch up to the Serb who will be defending his US Open crown in two weeks? One thing is for sure, Novak is beaming with confidence again after the Toronto title.
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 Djokovic Rivalry 2
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 - Djokovic Rivalry
“It means already a lot to me now because of the circumstances that I’ve had in last month and a half playing a lot matches, a lot tennis on grass courts, and then having the very emotional Olympic Games and coming in late to Toronto and trying to get used to the surface that I haven’t played on for four, five months,” Djokovic said. “Then the time zone and all those things, which take time. Obviously that’s something that I didn’t have. I had to get used to it in two days and play my first match. It turned out to be a great tournament for me, a tournament that’s going to give me a lot of confidence now.
You know, I love playing on hard courts. It’s my most preferred surface. Hopefully I can try to continue that run.”
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 Djokovic Rivalry 3
Roger Federer Ready For Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 - Djokovic Rivalry
So, do you think that Roger Federer is ready for the Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 event? Or should the World No.1 Roger Federer worried for his current arc nemesis Novak "Djoker" Djokovic? The tournament's opening match for Roger should really tell if Roger Federer is ready for the Cincinnati ATP Masters 1000 event or not yet? All we could do is wait, so we'll wait together, eagerly.

No comments:

Post a Comment