Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On-Fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week

Happy now that On-fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week, as we see The Swiss world number-3 has triumphed times at the state-of-the-art Indian Wells Tennis Garden & will be difficult to beat on the hardcourt surface along with his defensive skills now possibly better than ever.

With his confidence sky-high after winning of his last seven tournaments, Roger Federer returns to of his favourite venues for the Masters Series event beginning this week.

Long regarded as of the most elegant & aggressive serve-and-volley players of all time, Federer has had to improve the resilience of his baseline game in recent years in a bid to blunt the twin challenge of Rafa Nadal & Novak Djokovic.

On-Fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week
"I've been confident," Federer told reporters in the build-up to the first Masters Series event of the year, referring to his impressive run of form since his semi-final loss to Djokovic at last year's U.S. Open.

On-Fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week
"I've been playing aggressive, I was one time focused & I didn't doubt my ability. I am defending much better than I was one time in the midst of last year when I felt like I could not come out of hard defensive positions.

"I could kind of turn it around. Now I must keep going."

"I've had a great stretch," said the Swiss, who beat Andy Murray 7-5 6-4 to win the Dubai Championships on Saturday. "It's about maintaining the lovely work & hopefully playing even better tennis, or at least maintaining this level of playing."

Though Federer has not claimed a grand slam singles crown since the 2010 Australian Open, he's piled up ten ATP World Tour titles in the coursework of that span.

On-Fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week
'BEST TENNIS'


Federer, a 16-times grand slam winner, has always loved competing in the California desert at Indian Wells.

"I've had some great finals, giant matches, & I always enjoy playing at Indian Wells. The surface suits my game, my slice stays low, the kick goes up & the ball travels quickly through the air."

"This event has worked out well for me, winning titles in a row & playing a quantity of my best tennis here," said the 30-year-old, who is seeded to meet Nadal in the semi-finals.

On-Fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week
Despite losing to Federer in last week's final, Murray also arrives in the California desert with high hopes.

"I did everything lovely (last week)," the Briton said. "I was happy I managed to fine-tune to the court after a couple matches, because I was one time struggling at the beginning of the week.

Australian Open champion Djokovic, who beat Spaniard Nadal in last year's final at Indian Wells, is the top seed with Nadal seeded second, Federer third & Murray fourth.
On-Fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week
"It turned out to be an excellent week. The conditions in Indian Wells are going to be different, a much slower court, which hopefully will suit my game a little bit better."

Among the leading contenders in the women's competition, beginning on Wednesday, are holder Caroline Wozniacki of Denmark, Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka of Belarus & second-ranked Russian Maria Sharapova.


We're so excited to see the On-fire Roger Federer Back To Indian Wells This Week, how about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment